Advice and Information
Frontline Fife provide free, confidential and independent advice on a wide range of housing issues and lay representation in court for rent arrears. The advice we provide depends on a person's situation and needs. Some of the issues we can help with include:
- Looking at options for housing
- Providing Lay Representation in court for eviction proceedings for rent arrears
- Negotiating with landlords to help set up repayment plans for rent arrears
- Referring to specialist money and/or legal advice
- Help to resolve issues contributing to rent arrears, e.g. housing benefit
- Help with homelessness
- Advising on rights as a tenant, including condition of tenancy and repairs
We also work in partnership with Fife Law Centre, Citizen Advice Rights Fife and the Fife Migrants Forum. Through this partnership we are able to provide a package of specialist money, debt, housing and legal advice. This work is overseen by the Fife Advice Partnership and is funded by the Scottish Legal Aid Board.
If you, or someone you know, would like to speak to us or wish further information, then please contact us.